Re: removal instead of orphaning?

On 2016-09-19 12:28, Jakub Wilk wrote:
* Adam D. Barratt <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>, 2016-09-18, 11:28:
"Fixed in NMU" has not been a distinct state for several years, since the introduction of BTS version tracking.

To clarify, the state still exists:
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?tag=fixed
... but I guess most packages were tagged like this by mistake.

Yes, I was referring to the workflow implied by your mail, where bugs marked as closed in an NMU were not in fact closed but merely tagged +fixed.

I'd forgotten that the BTS labels bugs with the "fixed" tag set as "fixed in NMU", which seems wrong given that the documentation for that tag explicitly lists NMUs as an example of use, not the only one - #382717 being a good example of the "not completely fixed yet" usage (although tbh in that case it should probably have the tag removed).

Regards,

Adam