Re: Use and abuse of the unreproducible tag

On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 07:38:37PM +0200, Markus Koschany wrote:

> Help from the bug submitter would be surely welcome.

No, not in this case.

If the maintainer does not start his package builder of choice to
verify that what is reported (FTBFS in testing) is in fact true, and
instead tags the bug as unreproducible, for me that's the way to say
"I don't want to know what happens in testing, and I don't care".

You can't really expect the bug submitter to be "helpful" if the
maintainer starts by declaring his unwillingness to be helped.

There are many other bugs that need help, so in cases like this the
submitter will naturally choose to help another maintainer.

Thanks.