Re: Use and abuse of the unreproducible tag

On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 01:55:18PM +0200, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:

> I will not participate further in this discussion on -devel, so please
> do not CC me.

Ok, I'll respect that, so you will have to read this in -devel (if you
want to read at all).

> Thanks for publicly shaming me, makes me feel much better about your
> bugreports.

I'm really sorry if you feel that way, but please try to see the other
side as well.

Imagine that you report something and you are told that your report
is basically worthless, would that not hurt your feelings too?

Ok, you didn't say that, and hopefully you didn't mean that either,
but that's the signal that we send to reporters when we tag as
unreproducible things which are really not.

> I consider the tag appropriate, if there is consensus in the
> project that it's not feel free to remove the tags again.

We already have a definition, do we need a consensus to respect the
definition?

Thanks.