Re: systemd-fsck?

Thijs Kinkhorst dixit:

>On Tue, May 13, 2014 18:03, Russ Allbery wrote:

>> You're aware, right, that my primary background is with enterprise use,
>> and I've been doing large-site systems administration for twenty years?
>>
>> systemd is a godsend with basically no downside for our enterprise use
[…]
>I could not agree more. In our enterprise environment, I have no
>expectation at all that systemd will cause us significant trouble on
>upgrades. Our troubles have centered things like grub1 to grub2 or,

Yes, there were issues with e.g. grub1 to grub2, but do you honestly
think that sysadmins in a medium-sized company will cope with these?

• no /etc/init.d/$foo (to tabcomplete, no less!) any more

• journal

• totally different ways to handle services

• totally different ways to rescue a system that does not boot
  cleanly any more

• the init system breaking init scripts hand-written by people
  who don’t really know what they’re doing, have not even heard
  of LSB, much less “units”

I’m *positive* they won’t.

bye,
//mirabilos