Re: dpkg-dev: please reject native/non-native version when building native/non-native source packages

Dimitri John Ledkov writes ("Re: dpkg-dev: please reject native/non-native version when building native/non-native source packages"):
> Patch is attached to the new bug filed about this issue
> Proposed patch adds "--force-native" dpkg-source option for the "3.0
> (Native)" format, which ignores enforcing native version number check.

Thanks for that.  (Sorry, please ignore my previous mail.)

I think that this behaviour needs to be the default.  Otherwise there
are packages in the archive that cannot be processed with the new
tool using the default options, which I think is a
non-backwards-compatible change.

Ian.