Reproducing build error / environment

Hi all,

I’m currently having trouble reproducing a build error – see http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=735757 – which occurs for package fizmo on amd64. While the problem itself shouldn’t be that hard to fix (an include path is incorrect) I’d like to be able to reproduce the error so I can be sure that the new version really fixes it. I’ve tried by setting up a fresh sid installation on the same architecture and put in all the current patches, however I’m not able to reproduce the problem (build works fine without error).

What’s the best way to reproduce the environment the actual build machine is using?

Thanks in advance,
Christoph.