Re: privacy-breach-google-adsense: how to get rid of it ?

On Thu, Dec 26, 2013 at 07:26:37AM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 26, 2013 at 4:57 AM, Jerome BENOIT wrote:
>
> > is there a proper way to get rid of the recent
> > privacy-breach-google-adsense Lintian violation/error report [1] ?
>
> Same as with every issue in upstream code, report it to upstream and
> get them to fix it, sending a patch if you are able. That way Debian
> helps the free software community as a whole, which we promised to do
> in our social contract:
>
> http://www.debian.org/social_contract

I tend to agree. However, what would be doubleplusgood would be to get
the tools like sphinx, doxygen, and friends to not insert the code when
we're building a .deb - perhaps we should look at killing this bug in
generated code by forcing the generated code to suck less.

Much love,
  Paul

--
 .''`.  Paul Tagliamonte <paultag@debian.org>  |   Proud Debian Developer
: :'  : 4096R / 8F04 9AD8 2C92 066C 7352  D28A 7B58 5B30 807C 2A87