GSoC/debian.org SIP/XMPP infrastructure

Several students have inquired about the possibility of doing a
real-time communication (RTC) project for GSoC, one has already started
his application[1] and a few others have been corresponding with me by
email.

Rather than letting the students guess what we need or want, I'm hoping
some people might be keen to suggest requirements or challenges for this
to go ahead.  It could be used to develop some solutions for debian.org,
debian.net and/or alioth users

There are some discussion points on my blog[2] but they are only the
most essential points.  I'm sure there are more innovative ideas that
will come from some of the students or the community - please feel free
to suggest things

I'd also be keen to know how different teams (e.g. DSA) would want to
interact with students proposing such projects, as it is inevitable that
this would involve some server resources and technical changes.

1.  http://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2013/StudentApplications

2. http://danielpocock.com/an-rtc-infrastructure-for-debian.org