Re: R 3.0.0 and required rebuilds of all reverse Depends: of R

On 31 March 2013 at 18:18, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
| Aside from the lack of pre-discussion, co-ordination etc., the last few
| weeks of a freeze _really_ isn't the right time to be starting a large
| (or indeed small) transition in unstable. We now have at least 87 (based
| on this morning's britney run) packages which won't be able to receive
| updates via unstable should they turn out to have lately discovered RC
| bugs. If any of those packages are then involved in dependency chains,
| the same could be true of packages outside of the R module packages.

In the grand scheme of things, R is a rather peripheral package.

Please just put a "block" on r-base-core to prevent it from migrating to
testing.  All these dependencies will be held too.

I cannot influence the R release cycle which happens within our freeze. As
have a few previous R releases, and none of those created any trouble.

Dirk

--
Dirk Eddelbuettel | edd@debian.org | http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com