Re: Bootstrapping: list of 81 self-cycles in Debian Sid

On 13141 March 1977, Johannes Schauer wrote:

>> > The code generating that list is part of the debian bootstrap project [1]
>> > and as such it would be a bug if architecture:all package were required to
>> > be recompiled for the reason you mentioned.
>> In that case, rather than putting this up on a wiki page, would it be
>> possible to run this tool periodically and post the output somewhere
>> (under the debian.net or debian.org domain, preferably)?

>> This is interesting information, but only if kept up to date. Wiki pages
>> need to be updated manually, so having this run from cron every so often
>> would be much more interesting.

> Would it be possible to use existing Debian infrastructure to run this code
> instead of my own server which would be too low-spec for this kind of
> task?

That obviously depends a bit on what is actually needed to run (and then
on talking to DSA, but they don't bite so much :) ).

I guess you need a mirror (or at least packages/sources files) as input,
though you might want to check if you can use an existing database
within Debian to just use the already exsiting data.

And then whatever $packages. And disk space, RAM, CPU requirements.

If you list that all up, im sure DSA can check and probably help out.

Now, your data input: What are you using? You might want to check if
the buildd or archive databases don't already hold the data you need (or
are easily extended to do so), and then just use that instead of
duplicating the extraction.

--
bye, Joerg
Marge, I’m going to miss you so much. And it’s not just the sex. It’s