Re: Proposal: let’s have a GR about the init system

2013/10/25 Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org>:
> [...]
> One thing I will say here and now: if I feel under pressure from my
> employer to vote a particular way, then I will immediately recuse myself
> from the vote and from further part in the discussion.  I'd hope that
> would be generally understood as ethical behaviour.
And *that* is the point :-) All members of the TC have contributed
lots of useful stuff to Debian, and I trust everyone of them to has
the knowledge to decide on something for Debian, finding the
(technically) best solution. If some of the members do also contribute
to Ubuntu is irrelevant, and there are also other members who aren't
associated with Ubuntu.
The only thing I would not accept would be if a company forced a TC
member to manipulate a decision - I trust the individual TC members,
but not necessarily their employers.
But I don't see that risk here :-) Thank you so much, Colin, for
bringing this (IMHO very important) point up!
Cheers,
    Matthias