Re: Alioth.debian.org now exports project meta-data as RDF (using DOAP/ADMS.SW)

Hi.

Just a quick update on this.

Olivier Berger <olivier.berger@telecom-sudparis.eu> writes:

> Hi.
>
> Since last week or so, and thanks to Lo-lan-do's work, we now publish
> RDF descriptions of every Alioth (950+) projects.
>
> See my proposed Debian devel's news bit at :
> http://wiki.debian.org/DeveloperNews#Alioth.debian.org_now_exports_project_meta-data_as_RDF_.28using_DOAP.2FADMS.SW.29
> reproduced below :
>

> The alioth.debian.org forge now runs the ADMS.SW FusionForge plugin,
> which publishes projects meta-data as RDF / Linked Data.
>
> Every project's homepage <https://alioth.debian.org/projects/PROJNAME/> is
> then available as RDF for harvesting robots (using proper content-type
> negociation, for instance :
>  $ curl -k -H "Accept: text/turtle" https://alioth.debian.org/projects/PROJNAME/
> ).
>
> The two main ontologies used are DOAP [0] and ADMS.SW [1], rendering such meta-data compatible with
> other project indexes (such as meta-data published by the PTS [2]).
>
> Note that due to the big number of hosted projects on Alioth (950+) some
> package indexes can't be exported as RDF yet.

s/package/project/

FYI, the projects index was too big for PHP/Apache, but I've now fixed
the code to produce "paged" documents.

Accessing https://alioth.debian.org/projects/, requesting RDF, will
redirect to the first document /projects/?page=1, wich in turn contains
a pointer to /projects/?page=2, etc.

For the curious, this paging mechanism tends to implement parts of the
W3C LDP specs [3] (draft state).

You can test it with, for instance :
 $ curl -v -k -L -H "Accept: text/turtle" https://alioth.debian.org/projects/ 2>&1 | less

Now, I'll write a project catalogue harvester and see what you guys are
doing, that the NSA hasn't collected yet ;)

Any comments/questions welcome.

Best regards,

[0] https://github.com/edumbill/doap/wiki
[1] http://joinup.ec.europa.eu/asset/adms_foss/home