Re: asking for advice: all dependencies incl. version numbers

Dear Illes,

Am Donnerstag, den 22.08.2013, 17:47 +0200 schrieb FARKAS, Illes:

> This is a researcher asking for advice.
>

> I'd like to download/parse for each version of each debian package
> which other package versions it depends on.
>

> Do you think this information available in managable formats?

It is all in the Packages file, e.g.
ftp://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/dists/unstable/main/binary-amd64/Packages.bz2

It is a simple text file format and there are parsing libraries for
various programming language around. If you are more specific about your
goals and needs, I can give more specific advise.

> Have you seen similar work before?

The researches at IRILL have done lots of work on Package relationsships
and also created useful tools to investigate that. I don’t have a good
entry page to send you to, but I guess http://www.mancoosi.org/edos/ and
http://www.mancoosi.org/ are of relevance.

Greetings,
Joachim