Re: On accepting pre-generated doc from upstream

On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 12:07:59PM -0300, Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer wrote:
> On Thursday 18 July 2013 14:45:38 Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> [snip]
> > - Option 3:
> >
> > (Note: I'm assuming you are generating API docs directly fromt the
> > source files. So the input for the doc building is not seperable from
> > the actual source.)
> >
> > For packages 1 and 2 build without docs but also build a
> > package{1,2}-src package.
> >
> > Have another source package{1,2}-doc that Build-Depends:
> > tools-for-doc-building, package{1,2}-src and sets Build-Using:
> > package{1,2}-src. This would then generate the API docs from the
> > source files using the tools and sources from the package{1,2} builds.
> > On update you would usualy only need to bump the version for this
> > package.
>
> Pino also suggested me this approach. I looked into it and also at how the
> original build system builds the doc. Saddly, I think the amount of time I
> will need to put in this is simply insane.
>
> I think I'll just drop the documentation.

Would it be so much time to

1) build-arch / binary-arch build without docs
2) Build-Depends-Indep: depend on the binary-arch packages
3) build-indep / binary-indep build with docs

On each new release you would then need to

1) debuild -us -uc -b   package1
2) debuild -us -uc -b   package2
2) dpkg -i debs
3) debuild              package1
4) debuild              package2
5) upload

That doesn't seem like too much of a problem.

MfG
	Goswin