Re: Survey answers part 3: systemd is not portable and what this means for our ports

On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 03:45:21AM +0800, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> So that brings me to ask: do you have an idea of how much work it would
> be to have Upstart ported to kFreeBSD or Hurd (even if that would mean
> loosing some of the functionality (obviously cgroups comes to mind))?

As for cgroups, even if required functionality is missing, poking upstream
BSD kernel guys might be a good idea: jails already have all needed parts,
it's a matter of being able to cherry-pick them.

[Disclaimer: I know these parts only from an user's point of view.]

--
ᛊᚨᚾᛁᛏᚣ᛫ᛁᛊ᛫ᚠᛟᚱ᛫ᚦᛖ᛫ᚹᛖᚨᚲ