Re: PulseAudio

Steve Langasek wrote:
> You misunderstand me.  I'm not upset about anything - I'm merely pointing
> out that Lennart is an unreliable source where claims of
> production-readiness are concerned.  Ubuntu may have fallen for his
> silver-tongued sales pitch back in 2007, but there's no reason Debian should
> fail to learn from Ubuntu's mistakes.

At least you're consistent in your approach of posting FUD whenever
systemd is involved.

The move to systemd in Debian is not motivated by "Lennart's sales
pitch".

> Though if we're going to talk about bugs, even though the kernel audio
> drivers have long since adapted to meet pulseaudio's requirements, PA itself
> still manages to turn up some doozies.
>
>   https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pulseaudio/+bug/1019925
>
> Why in 2012 - four years later - does a stable release of pulseaudio manage
> to *crash* in response to a bluetooth hotplug event?  Will systemd also
> crash in response to hardware hotplug events? :)

Even if you want to post FUD, isn't this quite a stretch? The bug report
is just one crash backtrace with no analysis; if you want to criticize
PulseAudio, doing better than that should not be hard. And Lennart has
had little to do with PulseAudio the last couple of years.