Re: bluetooth (Re: PulseAudio

On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 05:42:46AM -0700, Mark Symonds wrote:

> Broadcom is in serious need of a full-frontal attack.
>
> Everyone should check for them before buying hardware,
> And if you 'dmidecode | grep -i broadcom' gives or says anything,
> spend your money elsewhere.
>
> Or take it back to the store -  and tell them why.
> (Proprietary, crap Broadcom chips)
>
> We should not buy anything with "Broadcom" chips.  Ever.
> We paid for this hardware, only to be sabotaged by their firmtware.

Are there any bluetooth-equipped laptops that fit that criteria? Most of them
run some Broadcom chip or other for bluetooth, to my knowledge.

In any case, non-wifi Broadcom things are actually pretty workable -- my Ideapad
Y410's ethernet controller is a Broadcom, running using the tg3 kernel module
that is included in the Linux kernel by default.

--
Kind regards,
Loong Jin