Re: /usr (was: Re: Survey answers part 3: systemd is not portable and what this) means for our ports

On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 10:38 PM, Roger Leigh wrote:

> I don't think that we agreed on merging /usr at all.  I have written
> some patches for initramfs-tools to permit fsck and mount of /usr
> in the initramfs in addition to the rootfs, but that's as far as this
> has gone.  There's no merging here, just changing where /usr is
> mounted in the boot process.

Is this implemented by just mounting /usr, by discovering which
partitions need mounting for each binary that is to be run from the
initramfs or by copying stuff from /usr into the initramfs too?

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise