Re: Survey answers part 3: systemd is not portable and what this means for our ports

Kevin Chadwick <ma1l1ists@yahoo.co.uk> writes:

> P.s. whenever I hear someone talk about Linux and Modern it is simply
> proving to show that commenter's inexperience. Only idiots *require*
> cgroups or parallelisation the latter being only required/beneficial
> when the fastest bootup is required, which is almost never the case else
> bioses wouldn't conduct post tests or memory checks.

I've been administering UNIX systems professionally for 20 years, from
SunOS and ULTRIX through AIX, HP-UX, IRIX, Solaris, and Linux.  In my
professional, *experienced* opinion, proper deployment of a modern init
system will make Debian considerably more robust, simpler to develop, and
simpler to administer.

You are certainly entitled to disagree.  There are valid reasons for
disagreement, which mostly amount to the weights that one puts on
different possible risks.  But it is simply not the case that everyone who
disagrees with you is simply an idiot.

This is the wrong mailing list to try to make an argument from personal
authority.  There are many people here who have just as much experience as
you do, if not more, and are not going to be impressed by your assertions
of expertise.