Re: [Popcon-developers] Encrypted popcon submissions

On Sat, Jul 13, 2013 at 02:33:57PM +0200, Guillem Jover wrote:
> Hmm, do you have a reference? I've looked in the gnupg git master and
> stable-2.0 branches and I don't see any obvious mention of this on the
> NEWS file, or commit messages after a quick search. I'd fine it very
> strange that such option would disappear, and it would mean that for
> example dpkg-dev could not use gnupg 2.x at all then.

Upstream has indicated an intention to remove multiple keyring support
in GnuPG 2.1.  I can't find the reference to the explicit statement
where Werner said he was going to do that, but you can see opposition on
gnupg-users in the following threads:

  http://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnupg-users/2011-August/042699.html
  http://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnupg-users/2011-August/042725.html

As you can see from the threads above, I agree that it is a bad idea.