Re: Berkeley DB 6.0 license change to AGPLv3

On 2013-07-04 15:00:05 +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 04, 2013 at 02:08:33PM +0200, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> > What about users who patch and rebuild software locally?
>
> That was the second paragraph of my post (that you snipped :)), i.e.:
>
> > I mean, sure, it *is* more tricky to provide such a URL for users that
> > will be running a *modified* version of INN. But it is exactly the
> > same kind of difficulties that people distributing modified copylefted
> > software will have to face to uphold GPL (or equivalent) terms.

OK, that was unclear. I thought you meant modified by Debian (as
opposed to an unpatched upstream version).

But providing a URL for a user who has few resources (no web site...)
is more difficult than providing the source (in a non-automatic way)
when requested, if this is what you had in mind. At least something
else would need to be done in addition to just patching, rebuilding
and installing the package.