Re: boot ordering and resolvconf

On 10-06-13 18:36, Ian Jackson wrote:
> B. resolv.conf is not static and may change due to network
>    environment changes.
>     Implications:
>     1. All existing DNS applications must be modified to notice
>        changes to resolv.conf.
>     2. Corollary: all existing DNS resolver libraries must be
>        so modified.
>     3. This will be impractical unless a common mechanism with
>        a convenient interface (and low impact on the rest of a
>        program) is provided.  Hopefully resolvconf fits this bill.
>
> I don't know exactly how impractical B2 is.  The libc's resolver is
> probably a hard case because of the libc's low level in the protocol
> stack.  Can we make it aware of resolvconf ?

You can replace it (through nsswitch.conf) by lwresd, which can easily
be restarted when resolv.conf is updated.

--
This end should point toward the ground if you want to go to space.

If it starts pointing toward space you are having a bad problem and you
will not go to space today.

  -- http://xkcd.com/1133/