Re: ITP: foreman -- manage Procfile-based applications

On 06/10/13 03:46, Per Andersson wrote:
* Package name    : foreman
   Version         : 0.63.0
   Upstream Author : David Dollar <david@dollar.io>
* URL             : http://github.com/ddollar/foreman
* License         : MIT
   Programming Lang: Ruby
   Description     : manage Procfile-based applications

  Foreman is a manager for Procfile-based applications. Its aim is to abstract
  away the details of the Procfile format, and allow you to either run your
  application directly or export it to some other process management format.

There's a more popular/more complicated piece of software called Foreman[1], for which there's an RFP already[2], as well as a component of that, foremancli, already in Debian. Upstream provides a package too, although you could argue it isn't our problem if there's a naming conflict.

Nevertheless, I think it'd be best to avoid a package naming conflict between the two apparently completely unrelated applications.

Oh, and BTW, you should probably explain what a Procfile is on the long description of your package as it's not immediately obvious.

Regards,
Faidon

1: http://www.theforeman.org/
2: http://bugs.debian.org/663101