Re: systemd .service file conversion

On Sun, May 26, 2013 at 10:29 PM, Helmut Grohne <helmut@subdivi.de> wrote:
I find it depressing to see four init/rc systems, of which three are
mutually incompatible in every single possible aspect.

Just my two cents.

I would be quite happy to write service files for two (systemd, upstart) or three (systemd, upstart, openrc) of those in all my packages[*], if it stops the endless flamewar here. I would also be happy to have the requirement to support two (or three) of them in the Debian policy.

I know that we would still need to pick-up default, but that might be a slightly easier task than to decide the only supported init system.

* - That's just *6* out of my 70+ package, but I doubt that anybody has too much packages with init script to handle (and if that's the case he should have co-maintainers).

O.
--
Ondřej Surý <ondrej@sury.org>