Re: Debian systemd survey

On Thu, 23 May 2013 19:34:09 +0200, Matthias Klumpp
<matthias@tenstral.net> wrote:
>P.S: @all: Please keep in mind that systemd is not just an init
>system, but contains many other bui?ding blocks to create an operating
>system, e.g. journald to create better syslogs (it forwards messages
>to traditional syslog, so no worries about binary stuff), logind as
>replacement for ConsoleKit and to finally get multiseat support
>working again, hostnamectl, udev and many other tools & daemons which
>make it much nicer to administer a system and to abstract differences
>between distributions (which makes writing applications (for Linux) so
>much better...).

Yes, systemd trying to replace so much of traditional UNIX tools at
once and so blatantly breaking the "One job one tool" principle that
has made our platform so successful is one major part of the
acceptance issues that systemd has in Debian.

Greetings
Marc