Re: Depends: libfoo:foreign ???

On 05/13/2013 10:22 AM, The Wanderer wrote:

On 05/13/2013 09:46 AM, Wookey wrote:

Hmm. Do the parts of the 64-bit tree that the 32-bit side compiles
against end up installed in a final installation (as libraries?) or
are they really just intermediate 'during build' items?

They do end up getting installed, though whether as libraries or not
I don't recall offhand.

I think I may have misunderstood this question.

Some of the 64-bit components which would ordinarily get installed in a
64-bit-only build get omitted from the final install (and possibly from
compilation) in a combined build, because the 32-bit components replace
them. Not all do, however, and some - I think most - do get installed as
both in parallel.

I would have to investigate the build process more closely in order to
say much more with any certainty.

--
   The Wanderer

side of it.

Every time you let somebody set a limit they start moving it.
  - LiveJournal user antonia_tiger