Re: Depends: libfoo:foreign ???

On Thu, May 09, 2013 at 08:43:22AM +0200, Niels Thykier wrote:
> On 2013-05-09 07:56, Paul Wise wrote:
> > On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 1:08 PM, Andreas Beckmann wrote:

> >> I just noticed that we have the first amd64 package in the archive that
> >> has dependencies on :i386 qualified libraries:

> >> Package: teamspeak-client

> > It appears that will block it from reaching testing:

> Indeed, Britney does not support those annotations (at the moment?).  To
> avoid issues with this kind of thing, we made her consider such
> dependencies for unsatisfiable[1].
>   So for now anything using that form in Depends or Pre-Depends will not
> reach testing (without manual intervention from the Release team and I
> am not sure how likely "we" are to do that).

Sorry for not knowing the answer to this, but does britney support :any
dependencies?  These don't require any cross-architecture dependency
resolution, but should be satisfiable within each architecture; britney just
needs to support them.

This would let us finally make use of Multi-Arch: allowed in the archive.