Re: jessie release goals

Hi,

On Mon, 06 May 2013 14:49:57 +0200
Andreas Beckmann <anbe@debian.org> wrote:
> now might be the right time to start a discussion about release goals
> for jessie.

 * xz for default package compression (as I said in last summer :)
 * handling release goal/target/task via BTS to clear what is done or not
 * ... and not only decide goals but also specify "time box(*)" and do
   iterative development (agile!)

 We have three items "cost(resource), scope and schedule" to manage
 development(*). Probably we cannot handle resource, but we can change
 scope and schedule. Then, which one do we touch? - It's "scope", IMO.

 Regular schedule would give two benefits for us, one is "cadence",
 it's easier for us that we (including developer candidates) can find
 what we should do next cycle and plan for happy vacations :) Another
 is for our users, same as above, are able to prepare testing new
 packages.

 If we'd specify clear schedule and scope, we would be happy, and
 it does not mean that writing scope is a promised task, we can change it
 if it's not done in that time box. It's iterative job, so just we need
 to do is, done with it in next time box.

  *) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeboxing
  *) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_management_triangle

--
Regards,