Re: NEW processing during freezes

Joachim Breitner <nomeata <at> debian.org> writes:

> The (luxury) problem is that I got used to it and began uploading the
> new (and NEW) dependency bar of package foo along with the new version
> of foo (instead of uploading bar first, wait for NEW processing and only

I think you shouldn’t do that anyway.

After all, to do that, you’d have to manually install the new version
of bar in the chroot you used to build foo, which is a violation of the
“clean, minimal chroot” rule if read strictly (and, from experience with
bad non-buildd uploads, I tend to read it strictly).

So, normally, you can only upload a new version of foo after bar gets
available on your regular mirror. (Making it temporarily available
locally for development is, of course, okay – just don’t upload that.)

bye,
//mirabilos (who sees the m68k buildds build many NEW packages now)