Re: Derivatives, MongoDB and freezes

On Sat, Apr 20, 2013 at 07:22:05PM +0100, Dmitrijs Ledkovs wrote:
> I also posted on Debian Planet, how to find patches applied in Ubuntu
> via Debian PTS together with categories of useful fixes that are
> relevant to Jessie and may be already solved/patched in Ubuntu. [1]
>
> I perceived that blog post as a partial personal stab at me, by the
> way. Which I found unjust.

Rogério Brito wrote his post on the 19th¹, and you wrote your post on
the 20th², so I fail to see how it could be a personal stab at you, or
at least in relation to your post.

I couldn't figure out how to comment on your post, because I wanted to complain
about "Not uploading patches because they don't apply to Debian yet, is silly
as they will apply to Debian eventually", which I think is unfair. It seems
to me you want Debian people to make Ubuntu's life easier, whilst Rogério
wants Ubuntu people to make Debian's life easier.  Not all Debian developers
have the time ot care about derivatives, and I'm the reverse is also true.

¹ http://blog.surgut.co.uk/2013/04/ftbfs-fixes-and-other-patches-available.html
² http://rb.doesntexist.org/blog//posts/lack_of_cooperation_from_ubuntu/