Re: touchscreen support in Debian?

On 29/03/13 21:03, Svante Signell wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently purchased an Acer S7, having both a keyboard and a touch
> screen. It is currently running Windows 8. Any chances of running Debian
> GNU/Linux on that box? I've heard rumours that Ubuntu supports this
> hardware, is that true?

I very happily use a Thinkpad X220T touchscreen, I've had it running
squeeze for well over a year and recently updated to wheezy

A lot of common applications seem to interact with it in a basic sort of
way, and the stylus is great with drawing apps.  I can't comment on what
this means in practice for other hardware such as Acer