Re: Gerrit, Git requirements, cooperation with others. was: git dangerous operations on alioth

On 2013-03-22 21:08:18 +0000 (+0000), Jeremy Stanley wrote:
[...]
> watches the Gerrit event stream and triggers jobs in Jenkins as a
> result of matching again patterns defined a YAML configuration
> file
[...]

Yeesh. I clearly shouldn't write E-mail when I'm rushing off to eat.
What I meant to say is that Zuul triggers jobs in Jenkins as a
result of matching Gerrit events against patterns defined in a YAML
file, and also uses a predictive pipeline heuristic to merge and
oversee parallel tests on sequences of patches. We enqueue approved
changes from Gerrit (some dependent on one another, others
independent of each other), and ensure that they only make it into
the target branch if they pass a battery of unit and integration
tests when merged on the patches ahead of them in the pipeline.
--
{ PGP( 48F9961143495829 ); FINGER( fungi@cthulhu.yuggoth.org );
WWW( http://fungi.yuggoth.org/ ); IRC( fungi@irc.yuggoth.org#ccl );