Re: Embedding jquery.js disaster

On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 5:51 AM, Rene Engelhard <rene@debian.org> wrote:
Hi,

On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 08:35:54PM +0800, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> I wonder if someone should do a bug mass-filling...
[...]
> If I grep -v /usr/share/doc, then there's "only" 105 instances of
> jquery.js in SID... By the way, is it considered ok to embed jquery.js
> under /usr/share/doc? (I'd say no, but it's still better if it's only in
> there, as I wouldn't expect it's in active use in the package)
>
> There's already a lintian warning for this problem, but it doesn't seem

As others say, many of them are symlinks and thus are OK.

I agree with the submitter, it doesn't make sense to hunt down such
copies and link them and *hope* it will work.

 I submitted a patch (still unresponded to) to version the libjs-jquery package,[1] which would help in cases where newer versions don't work with legacy apps, which has happened many times before, including with all packages that use sphinx.

[1] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=680282
---
Shawn Landden
+1 360 389 3001