Python Software Foundation: Python Trademark at Risk

Dear All,

Full article: http://pyfound.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/python-trademark-at-risk-in-europe-we.html

There is a company in the UK that is trying to trademark the use of
the term "Python" for all software, services, servers... pretty much
anything having to do with a computer. Specifically, it is the company
that got a hold on the python.co.uk domain 13 years ago.

According to our London counsel, some of the best pieces of evidence
we can submit to the European trademark office are official letters
from well-known companies "using PYTHON branded software in various
member states of the EU" so that we can "obtain independent witness
statements from them attesting to the trade origin significance of the
PYTHON mark in connection with the software and related
goods/services." We also need evidence of use throughout the EU.

Further instructions on how to submit letters of support are in the
blog article linked above.

Please help defend python trademark.

Regards,

Dmitrijs.