Re: Dual licensing for KDE-Oxygen Icons

Hi Sune,

Thanks this is how I also always interpreted it as well, one can simply
choose.

Oxygen was dual licensed from the beginning but the 2 option was removed
with
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/kdesupport/oxygen-icons/COPYING?r1=699615&r2=760422
5 years ago.

Tom

Am 14.02.13 10:15, schrieb Sune Vuorela:
> On 2013-02-14, Tom Schindl <tom.schindl@bestsolution.at> wrote:
>> They dual licensed their icons in history but removed this option
>> there've been multiple factors to do this and I was told that Debian
>> was one of the reasons because you had problems with this dual licensing
>> option.
>
> If anyone said Debian has problems with dual licensing, someone must
> have misunderstood something or someone.
>
> Dual licensing usually means 'you can choose any of the two' for
> complying.
>
> e.g. dual licensed (GPL|proprietary) is seen quite a lot. Debian just
> chooses the GPL license.
>
> iirc back in the days, the oxygen icons was specifically *only* under
> cc-by-(sa)-2.0 and given that one isn't considered free by Debian, we
> got them to add lgpl as an alternative.
>
> /Sune

tom schindl                 geschäftsführer/CEO
eduard-bodem-gasse 5-7/1   A-6020 innsbruck     fax      ++43 512 935833
http://www.BestSolution.at                      phone    ++43 512 935834