Re: multiarch dependency hell. build amd64, can't install without also building i386

On 24 January 2013 04:56, Paul Johnson <pauljohn32@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is a multiarch issue I had not considered before. Have you seen
> it? I never wanted to be a "cross compiler", I really only want to
> build amd64.  But I have some i386 libraries for a particular program
> (acroread).

I recently had to build packages that only build on i386, while having
an amd64 host:
$ mk-sbuild --arch i386 sid
$ sbuild -d sid --arch i386 foo*.dsc

Since amd64 cpu's can execute i386, it's not cross compilation, but a
native one instead.
Yes, it's a second build, but it's fairly trivial to do.

Regards,

Dmitrijs.