Re: Bootstrappable Debian - proposal of needed changes

Hi,

looking over your proposal, I was missing a few things (sorry if this
was mentioned in one of the replies, I've only skimmed over the thread).

a/ It's good practice to explicitly enable/disable features via
configure switches, to have reliable build results in tainted build
environments. What's the plan to annotate such optional features and
manage the configure switches in debian/rules?

b/ You mentioned documentation (gtk-doc) as optional build dependency.
Same packages do not ship the documentation in a separate binary
package, but as part of the -dev package. Is there an idea to annotate
optional files in .install files, so dh_install will not fail if files
are missing when building certain profiles or is there an alternative
idea how to handle this?

Michael
universe are pointed away from Earth?