Re: Updates in the very-old-stable

On Sun, Jan 06, 2013 at 09:48:20PM +0800, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> On 01/06/2013 09:08 PM, Adam Borowski wrote:
> > Ie, anything that is likely to be vulnerable remotely.
>
> And also, anything that is likely to be a critical piece of software.
> Like, for example I wouldn't really care about game servers...

While this shouldn't matter if you do it the right way (as in, if you do
it so people who *do* care about that can upload), please remember that
just because it doesn't have value for your job or business shouldn't
necessarily mean it also has no value for someone else's business.

In other words, please make sure that whatever set-up you do also
supports things that are mostly similar in their requirements but
somewhat different in their effects. If you find you're having to reject
packages because, say, it'd stress the infrastructure too much or some
such, you've lost.

--
Copyshops should do vouchers. So that next time some bureaucracy requires you
to mail a form in triplicate, you can mail it just once, add a voucher, and