Re: [RFC] Go (golang) packaging

* Paul Wise:

> On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 12:14 AM, Michael Stapelberg wrote:
>
>> Only when not using the “official” compiler (gc), e.g. gccgo has support
>> for dynamic linking.
>
> Then we should use gccgo until the official compiler supports this.

gccgo supports dynamic linking, but Go 1 API changes may break the
ABI.  Struct sizes and and field offsets are compiled into reverse
dependencies, but the Go 1 API promise does not prevent changes in
this area.

There are ways to solve this (sizes and offsets have to be provided by
the dynamic linker), but there is a performance impact.  I think this
has been done for GCJ.