Re: Work-needing packages report for Mar 9, 2012

On 03/09/2012 11:40 AM, lina wrote:
> Anybody needs a helper, please contact me.
>
> I started using debian since 2 years ago and definitely love it so much.
> And for the last two and a half years I got lots of help from the
> debian-user list.
> I always think of doing something to return,
> Honestly speaking, in the past I was more like a trouble-maker than maintainer.
> anyway, I learned and made some slow progress.
> Another reason is that, how to say, I am on the edge of becoming 30,
> not sure how long I can live in this hello world,
> but (positively) possible can still work for the next 30 years? and
> hopefully next 50 years?
> so in the next 30 years or at least following years I wish I can do some help.
> Yesterday I checked wnpp-alert.
> Several packages gotta my interest,
> but I am not so confident after careful considerations, which involved
> the number of users and possible problems may emerge in future.
> Here, suppose someone who needs an assistant with small things, I am
> really willing to start earlier.
>
> I finished my email, thanks for your time,
>
> Best regards,
>
> lina

Lina,

Thanks for your interest in Debian, and your will for contributing.

The way it works is that you'd pick-up any package of your interest,
and start fixing it, or package the latest version, then submit your
work to debian-mentors (through the mentors.debian.net website).

There's nobody who is going to point to you what to do, it's really
up to you to decide. Using the list of orphaned packages is a very
good idea and a very good way to start, by the way.

If you have any question on the procedure, we welcome you to
send mails to debian-mentors@lists.debian.org (but best is that
you find your way yourself by reading all the different docs that
are available on the debian.org site).

So in a short way: if you want to help, do not worry, we will help
you to help! :) But please pick-up something to do yourself.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)