Re: RFC on MBF (non-freeness of "The Software shall be used for Good, not Evil")

Hi,

On Thu, Nov 08, 2012 at 04:25:51PM +0100, Leo 'costela' Antunes wrote:
> Ansgar has recently made an MBF against all packages including the
> problematic JSON license term "The Software shall be used for Good, not
> Evil". From what I've seen, most - if not all - of the affected packages
> are using in-source libraries copyright JSON.org, which AFAIK means
> convincing a single author to relicense would be enough (though IANAL,
> of course).

So how should we proceed?  Is this dire enough that we need to repackage
original tarballs, removing code under the JSON license?  Or can we
postpone this after the wheezy release and only patch out the offending
code for now?

Michael