Re: Let dak commit all source packages to Git

Ansgar Burchardt:
> Thomas Koch <thomas@koch.ro> writes:
> > For every debian source package that enters the archive, dak should
> > commit the source code to a public readable Git repository and put a
> > signed tag on it.
>
> I do not think that is a good idea:
>
> You would end with two repositories for packages maintained in Git.

I just found another use case: NMUs
Most likely the uploader of an NMU (especially binaryNMU) does not update the
maintainers Git repository.
If there is the "archive git repo", I can just cherry pick the changes from
the NMU to update my packaging repo.

.oO(One day all maintainers will use Git... :-)

Regards,

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro