Re: Discarding uploaded binary packages

On 17 October 2012 19:30, Christoph Egger <christoph@debian.org> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Joerg Jaspert <joerg@debian.org> writes:
>> Its for after wheezy, definitely.
>> Also, there are some open issues to be solved for this to happen.
>> The most important is being able to deal with arch all packages. And
>> worse - arch all packages able to build only on certain architectures.
>> But thats outside dak and my area. Goto the buildd/wanna-build people to
>> help for that.
>
>   Also remeber, there are packages like cmucl that can only be built by
> the same upstream release of itself and can currently survive in Debian
> because the maintainer can upload a bootstrapped binary package along
> the source

See Debian Policy 7.8 Additional source packages used to build the
binary - Built-Using [1]

Is exactly what should be used here. And the bootstrap package should
be uploaded into Debian, to facilitate downstream users and
distributions to bootstrap that package by themselves as well &
provide a clear lock-step build-deps.

[1] http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-relationships.html#s-built-using

Regards,

Dmitrijs.