Re: assumptions about the build environment.

* peter green <plugwash@p10link.net> [120921 21:26]:
> I just discovered that on my beagleboard XM (under armhf sid) nacl
> (which previously build on a debian experimental armhf buildd but
> not a debian unstable armhf buildd) will build if /sys is mounted
> but will not build if it is not mounted. Can packages assume that
> /sys will be mounted in the build environment or not?

I'm quite suprised to see /sys to be mounted in chroots. Wasn't one
of the reasons to start /sys and not put the info there in /proc to
not have to have it available in chroots? Shouldn't that information
about hardware usually be kept away from chroots?

        Bernhard R. Link