Re: Gnome classic mode

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 11:02:28AM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 1:22 AM, Wookey wrote:
>
> > I'd be happy if xfce was the default.
>
> I would be happy if we threw away the concept of a "default desktop"
> and left that choice to people who do installs or downloading of live
> images.

Isn't the whole concept of "default desktop" just a matter of "which
desktop is included on CD1"? Are you proposing that Debian switches to a
series of "CD1s" (Debian Ghome Edition, Debian KDE Edition, Debian XFCE
Edition etc) or that Debian does away with offline installs entirely
("An internet connection is required to install Debian")?