Re: Enabling uupdate to simply remove files from upstream source (Was: Minified javascript files)

On Thu, Sep 06, 2012 at 03:36:11PM +0200, Mehdi Dogguy wrote:

> I think he was mentioning another method that helps maintainers to
> automatically clean the imported tarball when importing it. IIRC,
> this method has been added to git-import-orig circa DebConf9. Its
> use is very simple, IMHO. Did you try to see how it works? (at
> least, its interface).
>
> See http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-ocaml-maint/packages/why.git;a=blob;f=debian/gbp.conf;h=4435dcbe6d877cec7f562e8757939b7e98ecf5d8;hb=HEAD
> for how to configure it.

Thanks for the additional clarification.  I think the idea to specify
the files to be deleted in a config file is pretty the same.  I admit I
gave up following the object hierarchy of the moduls git-import-orig is
actually using after the fourth or fifth level ... uscan is Perl anyway
and the implementation will be probably similar in the end.

Thanks for the hint anyway

        Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de