Re: Enabling uupdate to simply remove files from upstream source

On Tue, 2012-08-21 at 21:09:12 +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 05:20:24PM +0200, Guillem Jover wrote:
> > See:
> >
> >   /usr/share/doc/libdpkg-perl/README.api
> >
> >   $ dpkg -L libdpkg-perl|grep 'Hash\.pm'|xargs grep VERSION
>
> It seems my assumption is not that wrong:
>
> dpkg -L libparse-debcontrol-perl|grep 'DebControl\.pm'|xargs grep VERSION
> use vars qw($VERSION);
> $VERSION = '2.005';
>
> So your conclusion from module version >= 1.00 to stability of API
> remains unclear to me because both look somehow stable.  As I have
> written in my example test code:  It does not really matter which one
> we prefer - both are working perfectly fine.  I'll leave the final
> decision to the maintainer of uscan code who needs to accept the patch.

Oh, my comment was in response to gregor's doubts about his usage of
the libdpkg-perl module, and my reply was intended to clarify just
that, because there's modules in libdpkg-perl which are not public nor
stable yet, for example. I don't know anything about the expectactions
one should assume from libparse-debcontrol-perl (although I'd guess
those are pretty similar given the versioning).

thanks,
guillem