Re: emacs23 and/or emacs24 in Wheezy?

On 2012-07-25 21:28:16 +0100, Neil Williams wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Jul 2012 21:58:20 +0200
> Svante Signell <svante.signell@telia.com> wrote:
>
> > Is emacs24 going to be the default package for Wheezy?
>
> emacs24 is not in Wheezy yet and has been uploaded to sid since the
> automatic freeze exception was granted, so it does not have a free pass
> into Wheezy.

Note that emacs24 has a very annoying regression: bug 680933.
There is a patch, which works well for me. If emacs24 goes to
Wheezy, it should include this patch.

> emacs24 wouldn't seem to meet any of the criteria for a freeze
> exception and emacs23 currently doesn't have any RC issues in Wheezy,
> so there would be no particular reason to do anything with emacs24.

emacs23 doesn't have RC issues, but bug 608417 is close to one. This
bug is worse that I expected in the first place. I got corrupted files
several times without noticing the problem because of this bug. And
it is fixed in emacs24.