Re: Modified http://wiki.debian.org/DebianDeveloper to mention non-packagers (Re: [CTTE #614907] Resolution of node/nodejs conflict)

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 09:43:05AM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> Le Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 02:23:50AM +0200, Ulrich Dangel a écrit :

> > >From http://wiki.debian.org/DebianDeveloper:
> > A Debian developer (DD) is a Debian Project Member who has uploading rights.

> this page (and probably others) does not take into account that we have developers
> who do not maintain packages.  I just changed it to:

> A '''Debian developer''' (DD) is a [[DebianProjectMember|Debian Project
> Member]] who has vote rights. Many maintain packages, but
> [[http://www.debian.org/News/2010/20101019|other contributions]] are very
> welcome as well.

> It can probably be further enhanced.

Yes, as the new wording is logically inconsistent.  *By definition* a Debian
Project Member, as the term is being used here, is someone who has voting
rights.  The term "Debian Developer" was being used to distinguish between
project members who upload and those who do not.

I strongly recommend reverting to the previous text.