Re: [Pkg-sysvinit-devel] Future of update-rc.d in wheezy+1

On 06/27/2012 03:46 PM, Alexander Wirt wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Jun 2012, Paul Wise wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 6:27 PM, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
>>
>>> Yes.  See <URL: http://bugs.debian.org/539591 >,
>>> a patch to do this was created and included by Kel.  The patch has
>>> been available for more than two years.
>>
>> Hmm, no upload in those two years either. Is file-rc still maintained at all?
> It is. But more or less in "no-new-features" mode.
>
> Implementing the insserv stuff is wishlist for me. Even when I now get forced
> into it.

So might be this could avoided if we switch to something more modern
like openrc as discussed some weeks ago here - I think the main reason
file-rc edxists is because its much more easy to maintain than all the
other crap^Winit systems (including insserv) floating around.